There are 2 Core Sections in the online Food Safety Supervisor Course to complete followed by a final assessment.Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.This online Food Safety Supervisor course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders.
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety:
Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Follow organisational hygiene procedures.
- Report unsafe practices that breach hygiene procedures promptly.
- Identify food hazards that may affect the health and safety of customers, colleagues and self.
- Remove or minimise the hygiene hazard and report as appropriate for follow-up.
Report any personal health issues
- Report personal health issues likely to cause a hygiene risk.
- Report incidents of food contamination resulting from personal health issues.
- Cease participation in food handling activities where own health issue may cause food contamination.
Prevent food contamination
- Maintain clean clothes, wear required personal protective clothing, and only use organisation-approved bandages and dressings.
- Prevent food contamination from clothing and other items worn.
- Prevent unnecessary direct contact with ready to eat food.
- Ensure hygienic personal contact with food and food contact surfaces.
- Use hygienic cleaning practices that prevent food-borne illnesses.
Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
- Wash hands at appropriate times and follow hand washing procedures consistently.
- Wash hands using appropriate facilities.
Download the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety qualification information for the full course details.
SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices:
Follow food safety program.
- Access and use relevant information from organisational food safety program.
- Follow policies and procedures in food safety program.
- Control food hazards at critical control points.
- Complete food safety monitoring processes and complete documents as required.
- Identify and report non-conforming practices.
- Take corrective actions within scope of job responsibility for incidents where food hazards are not controlled.
Store food safely.
- Select food storage conditions for specific food type.
- Store food in environmental conditions that protect against contamination and maximise freshness, quality and appearance.
- Store food at controlled temperatures and ensure that frozen items remain frozen during storage.
Prepare food safely.
- Use cooling and heating processes that support microbiological safety of food.
- Monitor food temperature during preparation using required temperature measuring device to achieve microbiological safety.
- Ensure safety of food prepared, served and sold to customers.
Provide safe single use items.
- Store, display and provide single use items so they are protected from damage and contamination.
- Follow instructions for items intended for single use.
Maintain a clean environment.
- Clean and sanitise equipment, surfaces and utensils.
- Use appropriate containers and prevent accumulation of garbage and recycled matter.
- Identify and report cleaning, sanitising and maintenance requirements.
- Dispose of or report chipped, broken or cracked eating, drinking or food handling utensils.
- Take measures within scope of responsibility to ensure food handling areas are free from animals and pests and report incidents of animal or pest infestation.
Dispose of food safely.
- Mark and separate from other foodstuffs any food identified for disposal until disposal is complete.
- Dispose of food promptly to avoid cross-contamination.
Plus, Additional Information on Allergen and Egg Management for NSW Food Safety.
Download the SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices qualification information for the full course details.
CTA Training Specialists is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. CTA Training Specialists will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled.