(From left to right, John Dickson from CTA Training Specialists & DWS Hospitality Specialists, Patrick Bardon from Hostplus, Luke Turner, Karen Prins from Hostplus, Peter Ellul, Sharni Mott, Jaimi Peacock, Anthony Gavin, Tarrah Travers-Smith, Katie Young, Jeff Simmonds from Coca-Cola Amatil, Jason Britton from CUB, Nik Mundy, Jodie Harris, Vanessa Marks and James McIntyre from CTA Training Specialists)
On Friday 22nd November, ten future leaders were inducted into the prestigious Hostplus Leadership Institute program due to recommence in February 2020.
Over the years, the Leadership Institute, formerly known as the Club Super Leadership Institute (2013 – 2019) and Fosters Leadership Academy (2002 – 2012), has advanced a long list of outstanding industry leaders who range from Duty Managers, Marketing Managers, HR Managers and Operations Managers through to General Managers and CEO’s.
In 2020, the Institute will be known as the Hostplus Leadership Institute as we proudly acknowledge the new naming rights sponsor, Hostplus.
Over the 12 – 18 month program, participants have the opportunity to travel across Queensland Clubs visiting the venues of their peers, acquiring contacts and forming friendships that will last a lifetime – whilst earning an industry leading qualification, a Diploma of Leadership and Management. Along this journey, they will also be given the opportunity to learn from inspiring industry leaders.
With sponsors including naming rights sponsor Hostplus, founding partner Carlton United Breweries, Coca-Cola Amatil, CTA Training Specialists, DWS Hospitality Specialists and the Australian Club Management Institute, the Leadership Institute is the pinnacle of educational excellence in the Club industry.
The 10 inductees for 2020 are:
- Nik Mundy, Duty Manager at Blue Fin Fishing Club
- Vanessa Marks, Senior Duty Manager at Brothers Leagues Club Townsville
- Anthony Gavin, Executive Chef at Caboolture Sports Club
- Jaimi Peacock, HR & Senior Duty Manager at CSi Club Southport
- Jodie Harris, Operations Manager at Bundaberg Services Club
- Sharni Mott, Beverage Manager at Nerang RSL & Memorial Club
- Tarrah Travers-Smith, Duty Manager at North Lakes Sports Club
- Luke Turner, Senior Duty Manager at Souths Leagues Club Mackay
- Katie Young, Human Resource Manager at Tewantin Noosa RSL Club
- Peter Ellul, Gaming Manager at The Lion Richlands
As 2019 draws to a close, we are excited to watch the 10 new leading managers progress, grow and excel through the 18 month program next year.
Interested in joining the Hostplus Leadership program or would like to know more about it?
Simply contact CTA Training Specialists General Manager, Aaron Bray at [email protected], or Marketing Manager Samantha Litfin at [email protected] or visit www.clubtraining.com.au/csli/ for more information.