There are 4 core elements in the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety course to complete followed by a final assessment.This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food that might cause food-borne illnesses. It requires the ability to follow predetermined organisational procedures and to identify and control food hazards.
Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Follow organisational hygiene procedures.
- Report unsafe practices that breach hygiene procedures promptly.
- Identify food hazards that may affect the health and safety of customers, colleagues and self.
- Remove or minimise the hygiene hazard and report as appropriate for follow-up.
Report any personal health issues
- Report personal health issues likely to cause a hygiene risk.
- Report incidents of food contamination resulting from personal health issues.
- Cease participation in food handling activities where own health issue may cause food contamination.
Prevent food contamination
- Maintain clean clothes, wear required personal protective clothing, and only use organisation-approved bandages and dressings.
- Prevent food contamination from clothing and other items worn.
- Prevent unnecessary direct contact with ready to eat food.
- Ensure hygienic personal contact with food and food contact surfaces.
- Use hygienic cleaning practices that prevent food-borne illnesses.
Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
- Wash hands at appropriate times and follow hand washing procedures consistently.
- Wash hands using appropriate facilities.
Download the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety qualification information for the full course details.
CTA Training Specialists is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. CTA Training Specialists will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled.