There are 3 units of competency in the HLTSS00061 Food Safety Supervision Skill Set – For Community Services and Health Industries course to complete followed by final assessments. These units describes the skills and knowledge required to carry out the duties of a Food Safety Supervisor within the Community Services and Health sector such as child care, aged care, hospitals and hostels.
The skills in this course must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Unit 1 – HLTFSE001 Follow Basic Food Safety Practices includes 3 core sections followed by final assessments. This online course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
Comply with personal hygiene standards as required by the food safety program
- Follow personal hygiene procedures
- Report health conditions and/or illness and follow organisation procedures for continuing participation in food services
- Follow organisation requirements for wearing bandages and dressings
- Wear appropriate clothing, personal protective clothing and footwear and maintain cleanliness to avoid contamination
- Follow hand washing procedures and use required facilities
Contribute to the cleanliness of food handling areas according to the food safety program
- Maintain the workplace in a clean and tidy order to meet workplace requirements
- Comply with workplace measures to prevent pests entering food premises
- Identify and report indicators of pest presence
Follow food safety program
- Handle and store food according to the food safety program
- Store, use and dispose of single use items appropriately to avoid damage and contamination
- Keep food for disposal separate and follow procedures for food disposal
- Identify and report processes and practices which are not consistent with the food safety program
- Take corrective action within level of responsibility
- Report any corrective action to supervisor and according to legislative and organisation documentation requirements
Download the HLTFSE001 Follow Basic Food Safety Practices qualification information for the full course details.
There are 2 core sections in the online HLTFSE005 Apply and Monitor Food Safety Requirements course to complete followed by final assessments. This online course covers the skills and knowledge required to control and monitor food safety and respond to non-conformance as required by a food safety program. It applies to food services workers who implement the requirements of a food safety plan within their business.
Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across States and Territories, however you will learn to;
Implement and monitor the food safety program
- Identify food safety hazards and respond to unsafe food and complaints
- Monitor and control food safety hazards in accordance with food safety program requirements
- Follow procedures to identify and separate product which is or may be non-conforming and/or implement other necessary corrective action
- Promptly report non-conformance where food safety control requirements are not met
- Record results of monitoring and maintain records in accordance with food safety program requirements
Assist in the identification of breaches of food safety procedures
- Assist in identifying potential and actual unmet food safety requirements
- Identify practices or processes in own work that could result in unsafe food
- Participate in investigating and reporting on unsafe food as identified by internal monitoring and/or customer complaints
Download the HLTFSE005 Apply and Monitor Food Safety Requirements qualification information for the full course details.
There are two (2) elements in the online HLTFSE007 Oversee the day-to-day Implementation of Food Safety in the Workplace course to complete followed by a final assessment. This online course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories that are required to supervise the day-to-day implementation of the food safety program across the entire business, process or food handling area. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
Support colleagues to implement the food safety program
- Communicate food safety requirements and procedures to others in the workplace
- Support people in the food area to meet food safety requirements
- Instruct food handlers on food safety program and legal requirements for completing food safety records
Control food safety in the workplace
- Identify processes and procedures that have or could result in a food safety breach
- Implement procedures and controls for responding to and preventing food safety breaches
- Investigate actual and potential non-conformance and complaints from clients relating to food safety
- Respond to non-conformance and follow procedures to identify, separate and/or recall non-conforming food
- Develop or revise procedures to support food safety control and prevent further breaches
Download the HLTFSE007 Oversee the day-to-day Implementation of Food Safety in the Workplace qualification information for the full course details.
CTA Training Specialists is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. CTA Training Specialists will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled.