Is your organisation ready for the incoming change in Food Safety Standards 3.2.2A?
There’s only 7 days left until the new Food Safety Standards 3.2.2A are implemented on Friday December 8th, 2023. Any staff member that handles food must have completed their training before this date or your venue may face hefty fines, or loss of your business licence.
Amongst the excitement and hive of activity your business has undoubtedly become, make sure you haven’t forgotten about the impending deadline and requirements for the change in Food Safety Standards!
Food Safety is Not Just for Your Chefs!
The change extends to both Chefs and team members anywhere in your business that handles food. This could be anything like the below (this list is not exhaustive):
- Coffee shop and restaurant attendants who serve cakes, pastries or light meals
- Gaming attendants or bar staff who prepare snacks and light meals for customers
- Events staff who may assist with plating duties during busy functions (eg. serving bread rolls, butters, helping plate canape’s etc.)
- Staff who work in a deli, supermarket, fuel station, seafood shops.
- Staff who work in canteens, bakeries, takeaway shops, cinemas, mobile food vendors or market stalls that serve food.
- Those who work in aged and child care who prepare food.
All staff who handle any kind of food must be trained in a Basic Food Handling Course. This is dependent on your industry and state.
Please contact us if you are unsure which course is best for food handlers in your industry.
Food Safety Supervisors
The new standards require that all organisations who sell food must have a Food Safety Supervisor that is reasonably available at all times.
Food Supervisor Courses are required for those in a supervisory and management capacity, and Chefs.
Depending on your industry, the course required for Food Safety Supervisors varies. Please contact us if you need assistance locating the correct course for your industry.
Need a Lot of Staff Trained? Let us take some pressure off your funds!
Do you have more than 5 team members who need to get their Food Handler certificate or Food Safety Supervisor qualification?
Please enter your details on the form below and we will touch base to organise a discount for your training needs.