Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality SIT60313
To achieve this qualification you must complete 33 units, consisting of:
- SITHIND201 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXWHS101 - Participate in safe work practices
- SITXWHS301 - Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITXINV201 - Receive and store stock
- SITXFSA101 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA201 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXCOM201 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- BSBDIV501A - Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBWOR203B - Work effectively with others
- SITXFIN201 - Process financial transactions
- SITXCCS303 - Provide service to customers
- SITHIND301 - Work effectively in hospitality service (Work placement unit)
- BSBCMM401A - Make a presentation
- BSBRSK501B - Manage risk
- SITXCOM401 - Manage conflict
- BSBDIV501A - Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXMGT401 - Monitor work operations
- SITXHRM503 - Monitor staff performance
- SITXHRM402 - Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM501 - Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXGLC501 - Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXWHS601 - Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- BSBWRT401A - Write complex documents
- SITXMPR502 - Develop and implement marketing strategies
- BSBFIM601A - Manage finances
- BSBMGT515A - Manage operational plan
- SITXCCS501 - Manage quality customer service
- BSBMGT617A - Develop and implement a business plan
- SITXMPR404 - Coordinate marketing activities
- SITXMGT501 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXFIN501 - Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXFIN402 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN601 - Manage physical assets
- SITXHRM401 - Roster staff
Note: 10 weeks of work placement must be completed successfully in order to gain the full qualification.
You may be interested in alternative elective units, these may be available if you are experienced in the workplace, are seeking recognition or credit transfer, or work in a venue that requires a particular set of skills.
Pathways into the qualification
You may enter SIT60313 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality without a lower level qualification. However, it is strongly recommended that you undertake the Diploma of Hospitality | SIT50313, and that you be presently employed in the industry prior to entering the qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving SIT60313 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality, you could progress to Bachelor of Business in Club and Gaming Management delivered by Southern Cross University and the Active Certified Club Manager Award.
The Advanced Diploma of Hospitality is NOT suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
CREDIT TRANSFER/NATIONAL RECOGNITION
Credit transfer is where you may have completed Units or a course with another Registered Training Organisation and it is relevant and/or able to be used for your current and anticipated study. Please note that Club Training Australia is committed to applying Credit Transfer to Qualifications/Units completed at other training organisations. Please discuss this with one of our qualified support team while you are discussing your study pathway.
Blended Learning Options
On the Job
At Club Training we work with you to help you gain a qualification that is relevant to your career goals. We’ll provide you with a flexible and relevant Diploma course that can be adapted to your workplace, enabling you to study during working hours without the stress of having to balance work, life and study.
All of our qualification based courses are based around the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) which is the national set of standards that ensures consistency, high quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training. What this means, is that you can be confident you are getting the very best education all the way through your career in hospitality.
Funding & Fees
Over the course of your study, you will complete a total of 28 units of competency to gain your Diploma qualification.
A number of the units in the diploma program are eligible for credit/advanced standing in Bachelor of Business in Club and Gaming Management delivered by Southern Cross University and the Active Certified Club Manager Award. The qualification is not suitable for an Australian apprenticeship pathway.
Assessments are conducted throughout the course of your studies and may include:
- Role Play
- Practical Observation
Download our Diploma of Hospitality fact sheet for the full course details.
Valid State Requirements
Successfully securing this qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to be competent as a manager in any hospitality functional area. You would possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and be able to use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate your own work and/or the work of your team.
You could find yourself working in various hospitality settings, such as:
- coffee shops
In varied roles including;
- restaurant manager
- kitchen manager
- front office manager
- sous chef
- gaming manager
- motel manager
- unit manager (catering operations)
It is a great qualification that provides you with the opportunity manage a department in a large hospitality enterprise, or independently manage a smaller venue.
If you want to find out how a Diploma of Hospitality can expand your hospitality career, simply fill out our enquiry form and one of our qualified support team will be in touch to discuss your study pathway with you.
Register Your Interest in an Advanced Diploma of Hospitality:
Take the next step in your hospitality career with the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality. Get the tools you need to manage hospitality enterprises at a senior level.