Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management SIT60316
To achieve this qualification you must complete 33 units, consisting of 16 core units and 17 elective units. The elective units listed are those which Club Training Australia trains (the final units that are selected from this list are dependent on qualification packaging rules which can be discussed with our trainers):
- BSBDIV501 - Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBFIM601 - Manage finances
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBMGT617 - Develop and implement a business plan
- SITXCCS008 - Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 - Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXFIN005 - Manage physical assets
- SITXGLC001 - Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM004 - Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM006 - Monitor staff performance
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMPR007 - Develop and implement marketing strategies
- SITXWHS004 - Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHIND001 - Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHCCC020 - Work effectively as a cook
- SITHIND004 - Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS005 - Provide club reception services
- SITHCCC003 - Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITHCCC005 - Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 - Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007 - Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008 - Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 - Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013 - Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014 - Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 - Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITXCOM005 - Manage conflict
- SITHFAB002 - Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB003 - Operate a bar
- SITHFAB004 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB005 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB007 - Serve food and beverage
- SITXFSA002 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITHGAM001 - Provide responsible gambling services
- SITXHRM002 - Roster staff
- SITXINV004 - Control stock
Note: 10 weeks of work placement must be completed successfully in order to gain the full qualification.
Alternate elective units
You may be interested in alternative elective units, these may be available if you are experienced in the workplace, are seeking recognition or credit transfer, or work in a venue that requires a particular set of skills.
Pathways into the qualification
You may enter SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management without a lower level qualification. However, it is recommended that you gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, you could progress to Bachelor of Business in Club and Gaming Management delivered by Southern Cross University and the Active Certified Club Manager Award through the Club Managers Association of Australia (CMAA).
CREDIT TRANSFER/NATIONAL RECOGNITION
Credit transfer is where you may have completed Units or a course with another Registered Training Organisation and it is relevant and/or able to be used for your current and anticipated study. Please note that Club Training Australia is committed to applying Credit Transfer to Qualifications/Units completed at other training organisations. Please discuss this with one of our qualified support team while you are discussing your study pathway.
Blended Learning Options
On the Job
At Club Training we work with you to help you gain a qualification that is relevant to your career goals. We’ll provide you with a flexible and relevant Diploma course that can be adapted to your workplace, enabling you to study during working hours without the stress of having to balance work, life and study.
All of our qualification based courses are based around the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) which is the national set of standards that ensures consistency, high quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training. What this means, is that you can be confident you are getting the very best education all the way through your career in hospitality.
Funding & Fees
Club Training Australia does not have any Government funding available for this qualification. There will be no charge for credited units.
Please contact us directly to discuss your individual options.
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification is delivered:
- Full-time over 36 months or
- Part-time over 72 months
SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management provides the practical and theoretical skills needed to work effectively in a departmental or small business manager role. Participants will be required for training one (1) day per month and either be employed full time (40 hours) a week or part time (20) hours a week to gain the required workplace skills and knowledge.
Training and assessment is delivered face to face for each student. Students will complete their training components in hospitality venues throughout Queensland and will be provided all equipment and facilities required to complete the units of competency in this qualification (including any simulated environments if required. Students will complete the theory component of this qualification in various workplaces that have suitable training rooms forming the remaining part of the training schedule.
Download the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management qualification information for the full course details.
A number of the units in the diploma program are eligible for credit/advanced standing in Bachelor of Business in Club and Gaming Management delivered by Southern Cross University and the Active Certified Club Manager Award through the Club Managers Association of Australia (CMAA). The qualification is not suitable for an Australian apprenticeship pathway.
Club Training Australia is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. Club Training Australia will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to within 30 days.
Successfully securing this qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to be competent as a manager in any hospitality functional area. You would possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and be able to use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate your own work and/or the work of your team.
You could find yourself working in various hospitality settings, such as:
- Coffee shops
In varied roles including;
- Area manager or operations manager
- Café owner or manager
- Club secretary or manager
- Executive chef
- Executive housekeeper
- Executive sous chef
- Food and beverage manager
- Head chef
- Motel owner or manager
- Rooms division manager
It is a great qualification that provides you with the opportunity manage a department in a large hospitality enterprise, or independently manage a smaller venue.
If you want to find out how the SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management can expand your hospitality career, simply fill out our enquiry form and one of our qualified support team will be in touch to discuss your study pathway with you.
Register your interest in an Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management:
Take the next step in your hospitality career with the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management. Get the tools you need to manage hospitality enterprises at a senior level.