Diploma of Leadership and Management
Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915
To achieve this qualification you must complete 12 units, consisting of:
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBIPR501 Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business
- BSBLDR503 Communicate with influence
- BSBLDR504 Implement diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBMGT518 Develop organisation policy
- BSBMGT519 Incorporate digital solutions into plans and practices
- BSBMGT520 Plan and manage the flexible workforce
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBCOM503 Develop processes for the management of breaches in compliance requirements
- BSBFRA502 Manage a franchise operation
- BSBHRM511 Manage expatriate staff
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- BSBINM501 Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBINN501 Establish systems that support innovation
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG512 Forecast international market and business needs
- BSBREL502 Build international business networks
- BSBSLS501 Develop a sales plan
- BSBSLS502 Lead and manage a sales team
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWRK510 Manage employee relations
You may be interested in alternative elective units, these may be available if you are experienced in the workplace, are seeking recognition or credit transfer, or work in a venue that requires a particular set of skills.
Pathways into the qualification
You may enter BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management without a lower level qualification. However, it is strongly recommended that you undertake the prior learning, and that you be presently employed in the industry prior to entering the qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management, you could progress to Bachelor of Business in Club and Gaming Management delivered by Southern Cross University and the Active Certified Club Manager Award.
CREDIT TRANSFER/NATIONAL RECOGNITION
Credit transfer is where you may have completed Units or a course with another Registered Training Organisation and it is relevant and/or able to be used for your current and anticipated study. Please note that Club Training Australia is committed to applying Credit Transfer to Qualifications/Units completed at other training organisations. Please discuss this with one of our qualified support team while you are discussing your study pathway.
Blended Learning Options
On the Job
At Club Training we work with you to help you gain a qualification that is relevant to your career goals. We’ll provide you with a flexible and relevant Diploma course that can be adapted to your workplace, enabling you to study during working hours without the stress of having to balance work, life and study.
All of our qualification based courses are based around the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) which is the national set of standards that ensures consistency, high quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training. What this means, is that you can be confident you are getting the very best education all the way through your career in hospitality.
Funding & Fees
Over the course of your study, you will complete a total of 28 units of competency to gain your Diploma qualification.
A number of the units in the diploma program are eligible for credit/advanced standing in Bachelor of Business in Club and Gaming Management delivered by Southern Cross University and the Active Certified Club Manager Award. The qualification is not suitable for an Australian apprenticeship pathway.
Assessments are conducted throughout the course of your studies and may include:
- Role Play
- Practical Observation
Download our Diploma of Hospitality fact sheet for the full course details.
Valid State Requirements
Successfully securing this qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to be competent as a manager in any hospitality functional area. You would possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and be able to use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate your own work and/or the work of your team.
You could find yourself working in various hospitality settings, such as:
- coffee shops
In varied roles including;
- Team Leader
- front office manager
- sous chef
- gaming manager
- motel manager
- unit manager (catering operations)
It is a great qualification that provides you with the opportunity manage a department in a large hospitality enterprise, or independently manage a smaller venue.
If you want to find out how a Diploma of Hospitality can expand your hospitality career, simply fill out our enquiry form and one of our qualified support team will be in touch to discuss your study pathway with you.
Register Your Interest in an Diploma of Leadership and Management
Take the next step in your career with the Diploma of Leadership & Management. Get the tools you need to start your career in management.