Certificate IV in Hospitality
Certificate IV in Hospitality SIT40313
To achieve this qualification you must complete 21 units, consisting of:
- BSBDIV501A - Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHIND301 - Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS401 - Enhance the customer service experience
- SITXCOM401 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN402 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM301 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM402 - Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT401 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS401 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXFSA101 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHFAB101 - Clean and tidy bar areas
- SITHFAB201 - Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB202 - Operate a bar
- SITHFAB203 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB204 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB206 - Serve food and beverage
- SITHGAM201 - Provide responsible gambling services
- SITHIND201 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXFIN201 - Process financial transactions
Alternate elective units
You may be interested in alternative elective units, these may be available if you are experienced in the workplace, are seeking recognition or credit transfer, or work in a venue that requires a particular set of skills.
Pathways into the qualification
You may enter SIT40313 Certificate IV in Hospitality with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification. However, it is strongly recommended that you undertake both the Certificate II in Hospitality | SIT20213 and the Certificate III in Hospitality | SIT30713, and gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving SIT40313 Certificate IV in Hospitality, you could progress to SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality.
The Certificate IV in Hospitality is also suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
CREDIT TRANSFER/NATIONAL RECOGNITION
Credit transfer is where you may have completed Units or a course with another Registered Training Organisation and it is relevant and/or able to be used for your current and anticipated study. Please note that Club Training Australia is committed to applying Credit Transfer to Qualifications/Units completed at other training organisations. Please discuss this with one of our qualified support team while you are discussing your study pathway.
Blended Learning Options
On the Job
At Club Training we work with you to help you gain a qualification that is relevant to your career goals. Through choosing electives that interest you, offering Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to help you achieve your goals faster and course tailoring to suit your current work situation and job responsibilities, we are there with you – all the way!
All of our qualification courses are based around the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) which is the national set of standards that ensures consistency, high quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training. What this means, is that you can be confident you are getting the very best education all the way through your career in hospitality.
Funding & Fees
You or your employer may be eligible for assistance in studying this course. Please contact us to discuss your individual options.
Did you know that students looking to complete the Certificate IV in Hospitality may be eligible to receive government funding for this course?
Funding by the Queensland Department of Education and Training is available. Please click here to view our Government Contracts.
There will be no charge for credited units
See the VET Investment Fact Sheet for further details. There is a requirement to complete a student employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the qualification.
Valid State Requirements
Over the course of your study, you will complete a total of 21 units of competency to gain your Certificate IV qualification. Assessments are conducted throughout the course of your studies and may include:
- Role Play
- Practical Observation
Register Your Interest Here:
Get the tools you need to succeed in the Hospitality Industry! Advance your hospitality career and take the next step into supervisory roles with Club Training Australia.