Certificate II in Hospitality
Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20316
To achieve this qualification you must complete 12 units consisting of 6 core units and 6 elective units. The elective units listed are those which Club Training Australia trains (the final units that are selected from this list are dependent on qualification packaging rules which can be discussed with our trainers):
- BSBWOR203 - Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND003 - Use hospitality skills effectively
- SITXCOM002 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXCCS003 - Interact with customers
- SITXWHS001 - Participate in safe work practices
- SITHIND001 - Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHACS001 - Clean premises and equipment
- SITXCCS002 - Provide visitor information
- BSBCMM201 - Communicate in the workplace
- SITHCCC002 - Prepare and present simple dishes
- SITHCCC003 - Prepare and present sandwiches
- BSBSUS201 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITXFIN001 - Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB001 - Clean and tidy bar areas
- SITHFAB002 - Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB003 - Operate a bar
- SITHFAB004 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB005 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB007 - Serve food and beverage
- SITXFSA002 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITHGAM001 - Provide responsible gambling services
Pathways into the qualification
You may enter Certificate II in Hospitality | SIT20316 in Hospitality with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification. However, it is recommended that you gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
CREDIT TRANSFER/NATIONAL RECOGNITION
Credit transfer is where you may have completed Units or a course with another Registered Training Organisation and it is relevant and/or able to be used for your current and anticipated study. Please note that Club Training Australia is committed to applying Credit Transfer to Qualifications/Units completed at other training organisations. Please discuss this with one of our qualified support team while you are discussing your study pathway.
Blended Learning Options
On the Job
At Club Training we work with you to help you gain a qualification that is relevant to your career goals. Through choosing electives that interest you, offering Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to help you achieve your goals faster and course tailoring to suit your current work situation and job responsibilities, we are there with you – all the way!
All of our qualification based courses are based around the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) which is the national set of standards that ensures consistency, high quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training. What this means, is that you can be confident you are getting the very best education all the way through your career in hospitality.
Funding & Fees
You or your employer may be eligible for assistance in studying this course.
Funding by the Department of Education and Training is available through the VET investment budget.
See the Fact Sheet for further details. There is a requirement to complete a student employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the qualification.
Over your study, you will complete a range of interesting units of competency to gain your Certificate II qualification. Assessments are conducted throughout the course of your studies and may include:
- Role Play
- Practical Observation
Download our Certificate II fact sheet for the full course details.
Valid State Requirements
Successfully securing this qualification provides you with the foundation skills and knowledge you need to start working in the hospitality industry.
You could find yourself working in various hospitality settings, such as:
- coffee shops
In varied roles including;
- bottle shop attendant
- café attendant
- catering assistant
- food and beverage attendant
- front office assistant
- gaming attendant
The Certificate II in Hospitality is also suitable for an Australian apprenticeship pathway. It is a great qualification that provides you with the opportunity to launch your career in areas like accommodation service, food and beverage, and even gaming.
If you want to find out how a Certificate II can kick start your hospitality career, simply fill out our enquiry form and one of our qualified support team will be in touch to discuss your study pathway with you.
Register Your Interest in a Certificate II in Hospitality:
Get the tools you need to launch your hospitality career. We’ll help you develop practical foundation skills to give you the best start in the hospitality industry.