For the past 55 years, the Queensland Training Awards have celebrated the state’s top training achievers, recognising individuals and organisations that strive for and have achieved success, best practice and innovation in vocational education and training (VET). We are very proud to have 13 trainees who come from 7 different venues nominated in the 2017 Queensland Training Awards for Bob Marshman Trainee of the Year, School-based Trainee of the Year, or Vocational Student of the Year.
Our list of nominees includes:
- Luke Strochnetter from Hervey Bay RSL
- Shauna Nicoletti from Hervey Bay RSL
- Heramb Karamawant from Airport Retail Enterprises
- Jake Skinner from Alex Surf Life Saving Club
- Brittany Greives-Wellman from Keppel Bay Sailing Club
- Faythe Hart from Keppel Bay Sailing Club
- Keegan Baker from Keppel Bay Sailing Club
- Jonathon Pummell from Keppel Bay Sailing Club
- Athena Matthews from Cowboys Leagues Club
- Carla Osborne from Cowboys Leagues Club
- Emma Plant from The Tin Shed Port Douglas
- Mollie Giles from Greenbank RSL
- Shendelle Hebbard from Greenbank RSL
The positive attitude and determined nature of each and every one of these trainees leaves us with no hesitation to nominate them for these awards, giving them our whole-heartedly support. Each trainee is extremely deserving which shows through the work they have produced throughout their traineeships and from the feedback from their respective trainers about their training sessions.
Our trainers often incorporate group discussions into their training to allow trainees to think on their own, incorporating their own ideas and stories to encourage deeper learning. However, this method relies on these enthusiastic trainees who aren’t afraid to put up their hands and be challenged in their thoughts to help the group to learn as a whole – and these individuals were our nominated trainees. Their determined attitudes combined with their leadership skills was demonstrated time and time again at training, making them great role models for others their age.
We are very lucky to have had the pleasure of teaching so many dedicated and hardworking young individuals. We can’t wait to see where their journey into the hospitality industry takes them!
We are also extremely proud to have two of our very own trainers, Aletia Ramscar and Todd Darragh, nominated for Trainer of the Year.
With Regional Finals held mid-to-late July and the Queensland Training Awards held on 1 September, there isn’t much longer to wait.
Good luck to everyone who is nominated!
If you’re interested in taking on a traineeship or are looking to bring a trainee into your venue, contact us on (07) 3878 8977 or at email@example.com.