The Australian Government can provide incentives and support for mature age job seekers and their employers.
Now you can reward them for their loyalty and hard work by training them in a Certificate III qualification or above and receive Australian Government Cash Incentives to cover the cost of their training. Contact Bill Alexion for more details.
There are 2 options available so talk to us about how we can easily access this funding for you.
This allows employers to retain valuable skills and experience in the workplace. Experience+ Training provides quality training (at the Certificate III level or above) for mature age workers (aged 50 years or over) so that they can gain the skills to successfully mentor and supervise your apprentices or trainees.
Training grants are paid in two installments—a start up payment of $3,500 and a completion payment of $1,450 (when the worker has completed the course).
After paying for this training, employers may use remaining funds to support their business:
- Administrative expenses
- Evidence gathering/skills assessments for Recognition of Prior Learning
- Applying for other relevant tickets or licences
- Other training activity that would benefit the worker (literacy or numeracy training, Certificate I or II level training, statements of attainment, Skill Sets).
Who can apply?
- Employers operating in Australia who employ a mature aged worker (50 years or over) for at least 15 hours per week and who employ at least one apprentice or trainee who works at the same location/site as the mature aged worker; or
- Small business owners operating in Australia who are themselves, mature aged workers (50 years or over) working in their own business for at least 15 hours per week and who employ at least one apprentice or trainee who works at the same location/site as they do.
Option 2 – More Help for Mature Age Workers Initiative
This allows eligible employers to apply for:
- Reimbursement of costs associated with a skills assessment for a mature aged worker (50 years or over) capped at $2,200 (including GST) . This will allow employers to identify gaps in their skills and enrol in training to meet the requirements of their trade.
- Reimbursement for a further $2,200 (including GST) for additional training as identified in the skills assessment.
Who can apply?
- Applications are invited from all industries and all employers who employ a mature aged worker aged 50 years and above under an Award or Certified Agreement. Applications are encouraged from industries where there are a high proportion of trade occupations.
- Small business owners operating in Australia who are themselves mature aged workers.