Courtesy of CTA Training Specialists Chef, Chris Cave, this recipe makes approximately 24 to 30 (depending on cookie cutter used and the number of cookie casualties along the way – this mixture is delish!
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 75g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 1tbsp water
- 100g cornflour
- 2 tbsp white sugar (for topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees and place baking paper on tray.
- Beat butter and caster sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In 2 batches, stir in water and flour.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Put in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out until 2-3cm thick and cut with cookie cutters of choice (i.e., star, tree, gingerbread man).
- Place on tray and sprinkle white sugar on top.
- Bake for about 40 mins or until brown.
- Place on cake rack to cool.
Taste-test the cookies before wrapping up as gifts for your family and friends or serving up at your next dinner party.