Customer Liaison Officer; Indooroopilly
21 Nov 2017, 9.00am (2.5 hours)
Level 1, 36 Station Road
CLO Face-to-face Short Course
Queensland Government Approved
Half Day Training Course
Customer Liaison Officer
The Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice requires that gambling venues appoint a person to perform the role of Customer Liaison Officer (CLO). A CLO performs three (3) important functions:
- Provide the appropriate information to assist customers with gambling related problems.
- Support staff in providing assistance to those customers.
- Provide responsible gambling exclusion procedures.
Terms and Conditions
Confirmation of Booking
- Course payment must be received at the time of booking or at least seven (7) days prior to course.
- If you are booking into a class to be held within seven (7) days, payment must be received within 24 hours of booking and cannot be made on the day.
- If payment is not received within the above timelines, your place in the course will be forfeited.
- Participants that do not attend their scheduled course without prior notice will forfeit all payments.
Withdrawals & Refunds
- You may withdraw from a course provided you send a written request for refund at least seven (7) days prior to course commencement accompanied with your receipt or another proof of identity.
- An administration fee of $100 will be withheld from all refunds.
- Refunds will be issued by electronic funds transfer into the nominated bank account payment was made from.
- Refunds will be made within 5 working days of receiving the written request.
Course Cancellation Policy
- Club Training Australia may cancel a class due to insufficient numbers.
- If a training course is cancelled, the enrolled participants will be offered a transfer into another course at no extra charge plus receive a $50 refund/discount.
- If there are no suitable courses available, enrolled participants will be offered a full refund.
Access to Training Records
If you would like access to your training records, please make a written request to the Operations Manager at Club Training Australia via email at [email protected].
Club Training Australia may provide a reprint of your certificate at a cost of $30.00 per copy.
Incompletion of training course
If you are unable to attend day 1 due to illness or emergency, a transfer will be offered to the student. No refunds will be issued. Day 1 must be completed prior to attending day 2.
If you attend day 1 of a training course but cannot attend day 2 due to illness or emergency, you can request a transfer into day 2 of another course at no additional cost. No refund will be issued for partial non-completion of a course.
All materials, study aid, forms and associated information that course participants encounter in their dealings with Club Training Australia remain the property of Club Training Australia.
What is a Customer Liaison Officer?
Gambling providers are to nominate a person to perform the customer liaison role and who is trained to:
- provide appropriate information to assist customers with gambling-related problems;
- support staff in providing assistance to those customers; and
- provide assistance to staff with gambling-related problems.
How long is the Customer Liaison Officer course?
The course is conducted over a half day (9.00am – 1.00pm) and takes approximately four (4) study hours.
Who can conduct the Customer Liaison Officer training?
Like ‘Responsible Service of Alcohol’ (RSA) training, the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) has approved certain trainers to deliver the gaming nominee course. Club Training Australia is an approved customer liaison offer trainer by OLGR.
How is the Customer Liaison Officer course delivered?
The Customer Liaison Officer course is delivered by a Club Training Australia by the following delivery methods:
- ‘In-person’ — the course is delivered in a classroom or one-on-one environment (delivered over a half-day).
Unlike RSA training, there is no option for the gaming nominee course to be conducted online.