We often go to restaurants and cafes to enjoy a meal that really hits the spot. But what makes it the perfect meal? The flavours? The texture? The smell? When completing a Commercial Cookery qualification (SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery), one of our experienced trainers will be able to show you the tricks of the trade and demonstrate what really makes food ‘hit the spot.’
Food satisfies two (2) requirements – what we want and what we need. What we want is the enjoyment of consuming the food; what we need are foods with health benefits. We must eat the right amount of food to ensure the right balance between what we want and what we need.
For food to provide enjoyment, it must:
- Look inviting
- Smell appetising
- Taste pleasant
- Texture, flavour and seasoning must be just right
For food to be what we need, it must:
- Be cooked at a certain temperature in order to retain a maximum nutritional value
- Be digestible whether it be raw, cooked or both
- Be balanced and nutritional
- Be free from harmful bacteria or pathogens, which could cause sickness, disease or even death.
Food must have a balance of what customers want and/or need, and it must satisfy both equally. Sometimes it can be hard to get the balance right, but when completing a Commercial Cookery qualification (SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery), with Club Training Australia, you will receive the knowledge, training and advice to get the balance – needs and wants of each customer – just right!