It is essential that licensees and approved managers are familiar with conditions relating to trading hours. In this week’s blog posts we have been discussing that ordinary trading in liquor for most licences is from 10am to 12 midnight.
The following temporary extended hours permits are available upon approved application:
- 7am–9am for the purpose of a function only for all licences except community other licences
- 7am–9am for community club licences only who can demonstrate a need in the community for this trading or the club is a lawn bowls or golf club
- 9am–10am for all licences except community other licences who can demonstrate a need in the community for this trading
- 9am–10am for commercial hotel licences, community club licences or commercial special facility licences for takeaway liquor sales who can demonstrate a need in the community for this trading
- 12 midnight–5am for all licences except community other licences
The number of temporary extended hours permits which can be issued to licensees and approved managers for trading prior to 10am is limited to four per calendar year, and for trading between 12 midnight–5am is limited to twelve per calendar year.