Ordinary trading in liquor for most liquor licences in Queensland is from 10am to 12 midnight. Permanent trading hour approvals prior to 10am may be considered in some circumstances.
- Approved extended trading between 7am–9am for the provision of functions only is available to all licensees upon approved application with the exception of community other licensees (refer to definition of ‘function’ in above table)
- Approved extended trading from 9am is available to licensees upon approved application who can demonstrate a need in the community for this trading
- Approved extended trading for takeaway liquor sales from 9am is available to licensees of commercial hotel licences, community club licences and commercial special facility licences upon approved application who can demonstrate a need in the community for this trading
- Approved extended trading between 7am–10am will incur annual fees payable within 28 days of the grant of the application and thereafter by 31 July each year
Community club licensees only
Approved extended trading between 7am–9am is available upon approved application when:
- The need in the community is demonstrated; or
- The club is a lawn bowls or golf club.