The Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice commits the gambling industry to six responsible gambling practices, with a particular focus on customer protection measures. The second category is being “interaction with customers and community.”
Interaction with customers and community
2.1 Community liaison
To support early intervention and prevention strategies, gambling providers are to establish effective mechanisms to link with:
• Local gambling-related support services; and
• Community networks where responsible gambling-related issues could be raised.
2.2 Customer liaison role
Gambling providers are to nominate a person to perform the customer liaison role and who is trained to:
• Provide appropriate information to assist customers with gambling-related problems;
• Support staff in providing assistance to those customers; and
• Provide assistance to staff with gambling-related problems.
2.3 Customer complaints
Complaint handling procedures that can deal with gambling issues are established and promoted by gambling providers.
2.4 Training and skills development
Mechanisms are established to ensure that appropriate and ongoing responsible gambling training is provided to staff that provide gambling products to customers. In addition, the relevant owners, boards and managers receive appropriate information to guide decision-making in relation to responsible gambling.
You will be introduced to the Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct by undertaking an RSG course online.