It is every gambling venue’s responsibility to provide information to ensure patrons can make informed decisions about their gambling. As a gambling venue employee or RSG online certificate holder, your role in providing information to patrons within your workplace is absolutely critical.
Here are some general guidelines for good RSG service and appropriate ways to provide information to gambling patrons:-
- Never assume, take the time to clarify precisely the information the patron is requesting (Take at look at our Provide Responsible Gambling Services RSG online certification course)
- Always respond to a patrons’ request for information respectfully and refer the request to an appropriate person if you don’t know the answer yourself. This could be your venue’s Customer Liaison Officer (CLO), your supervisor or a manager.
- If you do give out information, make sure it is accurate and complete. Don’t guess or provide partial information, again if you don’t know the answer your CLO can help here.
- Ensure that the information is provided to the patron as quickly as possible.
- Always treat patron requests for information in a confidential manner, you must respect the privacy of every patron. Only discuss a patron’s request for information with appropriate personnel such as the CLO or other qualified person.
Keep your knowledge up-to-date, make sure to get certified by completed your RSG online and ensure that you fulfil your obligations under responsible gambling legislation in Queensland.