The RSG Online is the required course for QLD, WA and NT hospitality workers who need to provide the responsible service of gambling. This course provides a nationally recognised SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services Statement of Attainment and you will learn to provide responsible gambling services and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling.
*Same day certificate – if you have uploaded your assessment/s by 4pm Queensland time on a business day (Monday – Friday) and they are marked as competent by one of our trainers and assessors, and you have also provided a verified USI number, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email on the same day.
If your assessment is marked competent outside of business hours, you will receive your Statement of Attainment by close of business the NEXT business day.
This online SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories for RSG. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
- Provide responsible service of gambling
- Assist customers to gamble within appropriate limits
Your USI Number
All students undertaking accredited training in Australia require a USI number. Your personal information entered for your USI must exactly match the details in your training account with us. Click here to create your USI.
We will need your full name, street address, mailing address (if applicable), date of birth and phone number to create an account in our system for you.
We need an active email address to set up your account, and send you updates on your training status.
Statement of Attainment
Your Statements of Attainment, certificates of completion are provided in a printable PDF format.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQ’s below may help you, if you can’t find the answers you are looking for, feel free to contact our fully qualified support staff via LiveChat.
You must complete your RSG online training – $24:
- Complete our approved RSG course
- Receive a Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment
- Valid for life in QLD, WA, NT
When your assessment has been marked as competent by one of our assessors, and you have successfully completed your RSG online training, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email.
There’s no expiry date for the National RSG (valid in QLD, WA and NT). The nationally accredited online training offered by CTA Training Specialists is approved and recognised and will not expire.
Both of these names and abbreviations are often used to refer to the one unit of competency. Responsible service of gambling (RSG) and Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) is a Nationally Accredited Unit of Competency: SITHGAM001 – Provide responsible gambling services.
To legally be able to work in any gaming and gambling outlet across the nation you must have a valid RSG, which means completing the RSG online training. Individuals who carry out gaming duties or gaming tasks within a licensed club or hotel must complete RSG training within three months of starting employment.
CTA Training Specialists is not an approved CRICOS provider. International Student on a subclass 500 study visa will need to apply to a CRICOS approved provider, International Students on a visa other than a subclass 500 visa, you are eligible to complete one of our courses.
Our online training is fully compatible with most modern browsers, however we recommend Google Chrome.
- From the time of enrolment, you have 6 months to complete your online training course.
- There are no refunds if you do not complete the course within the time frame given.
- Please allow approximately three (3) to four (4) hours to complete your online training course.
No, you can login as many times as required to complete the course, your progress will be saved each time.
Need to know more?
In line with the Australian Government Department of Education & Training course packages, it is now a requirement to upload a written response as part of the RSG course assessment. One of our qualified trainer and assessors is required to assess that a student can demonstrate their understanding of implementing responsible gambling practices and being able to provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling.
A video also has to be uploaded as part of the RGS/RSG course assessment. Therefore, to be competent in SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services one of our qualified trainer and assessors is required to also assess your oral communication skills (using non-confrontational language).
Your video MUST demonstrate how to:
- Respond to indicators of problem gambling
- Deal courteously and discreetly with customers identifying problems with gambling or requesting self-exclusion.
Please note: You only need to upload ONE video but it must address the 2 specified scenarios above.
To ensure you meet the requirements to achieve 100%, you must ensure you cover the following points in your video assessment. You need to complete ONE (1) Video Assessment demonstrating how to implement responsible gambling practices and provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling:
- You must mention the signs of problem gambling that were displayed by the customer in the scenario and where in the venue you would discuss the following points with them
- You must provide information on two (2) Gambling help counselling services in your local area
- You must provide information to the customer explaining what a self-exclusion is (time they will be excluded for)
- You must refer the customer to the Customer Liaison Officer (CLO)
Ensure we can see your face in the video and that we can hear you speak clearly in the video. Your video must be done in the first person, as if you are a gaming team member and you must be visible in the video at all times.
We recommend keeping the video length under or up to 40 seconds addressing both scenarios listed above.
Please note, it is NOT a requirement for you to film at a venue or a hospitality simulated environment or be accompanied by another person. You are welcome to film alone, in a quiet place, in your own time.
You can use any filming devices to shoot your video, however, we recommend using iPhones or Android mobile devices.
Please note, the student portal accepts most video files, ensure you record in the lowest resolution possible to maintain a small file size
Please note: You only need to upload one video but it must address the above points.
The course includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience across the following 2 elements:
Implement responsible gambling practices
- Follow responsible gambling service procedures according to relevant state and territory legislation and industry and organisational policy and codes of conduct.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel on gambling-related incidents, situations and their compliance with legislation and industry and organisational policy.
- Maintain accurate records of gambling-related incidents and associated staff action according to industry and organisational policy and procedures.
- Ensure gambling environmental features support responsible gambling policies within the scope of own responsibility.
Provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on problem gambling to customers on request.
- Follow procedures for self-exclusion and exclusion according to legislation, industry and organisational policy, and confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Display signage and information related to responsible gambling in appropriate places visible to players, according to industry, organisational and legislative requirements.
- On request, provide information on available support services according to confidentiality and privacy requirements, and industry, organisational and legislative requirements.
Download the SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services Course qualification information for the full course details.
This course can also be delivered face-to-face, minimum 5 persons, day rate may vary.
Please contact our team at CTA Training Specialists to further discuss this option.
CTA Training Specialists is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. CTA Training Specialists will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.
In Australia each state has its own legislation governing gaming. This online course meets the requirements of the National Training Package.
This SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is recognised by the following State Government Liquor Licensing Authorities:
Your SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services Statement of Attainment will not expire, however you may wish to complete refresher training to ensure you maintain your knowledge.
After successful completion of this course we provide you with a nationally recognised SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services. The Australian Training Framework (ATF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
Are there any pre requisites for this course?
- For Australia Residents there are no pre-requisites
- International Student on a subclass 500 study visa will need to apply to a CRICOS approved provider, for more information, please visit the CRICOS website.
- If you are an International student on a visa other than a subclass 500 visa, you are eligible to complete one of our courses.
Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)
All students are supplied with the following information during the course to help build a greater understanding and increase knowledge in preparation for the assessments.
- Links to relevant websites
- Case studies
We use the following assessment tools to determine a student’s competence.
- Knowledge checks that require the student to select the correct answer/s from multiple choice questions
- Knowledge checks that require the student to respond by selecting True or False
- Knowledge checks that require the student to select all correct answers (multiple choice)
- Online Assessment in which you are required to answer ALL questions correctly.
- Downloadable practical assessment, all answers must be in your own words
- Video assessment, where the student must demonstrate their competency in response to video scenarios, providing the correct responses when refusing service of alcohol
- To complete the video assessment we recommend the use of a smartphone with video capabilities or webcam.
- Please ensure you record in the lowest resolution possible to maintain a small file size
To complete this online course you will require:
- A unique email address not previously used by another student
- Unique student identifier (USI), a government requirement. You can get a USI here
- A suitable device, computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone with internet access and a modern browser ie. Chrome
- Access to a smartphone, or webcam to record your final assessment
Information required for enrolment
Date of Birth
It is a government requirement that we capture this information.
Your email address must be unique and not previously used by another student.
Name on my certificate?
Our system will print your name EXACTLY as you enter it into the enrolment screen. Please take care to spell your name correctly and use capitals correctly.
Simply send an email to email@example.com or contact us via LiveChat on our website and we can amend the information.
- Gaming Room Attendant
Anyone operating gaming machines or table games
Anyone involved in wagering
Anyone working in a licensed venue with gaming facilities
- Anyone who is involved in gaming duties or tasks
Cashier or Croupier