In line with the Australian Government Department of Education & Training course packages, it is now a requirement to upload a written response as part of the RSG course assessment. One of our qualified trainer and assessors is required to assess that a student can demonstrate their understanding of implementing responsible gambling practices and being able to provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling.
A video also has to be uploaded as part of the RGS/RSG course assessment. Therefore, to be competent in SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services one of our qualified trainer and assessors is required to also assess your oral communication skills (using non-confrontational language).
Your video MUST demonstrate how to:
- Respond to indicators of problem gambling
- Deal courteously and discreetly with customers identifying problems with gambling or requesting self-exclusion.
Please note: You only need to upload ONE video but it must address the 2 specified scenarios above.
To ensure you meet the requirements to achieve 100%, you must ensure you cover the following points in your video assessment. You need to complete ONE (1) Video Assessment demonstrating how to implement responsible gambling practices and provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling:
- You must mention the signs of problem gambling that were displayed by the customer in the scenario and where in the venue you would discuss the following points with them
- You must provide information on two (2) Gambling help counselling services in your local area
- You must provide information to the customer explaining what a self-exclusion is (time they will be excluded for)
- You must refer the customer to the Customer Liaison Officer (CLO)
Ensure we can see your face in the video and that we can hear you speak clearly in the video. Your video must be done in the first person, as if you are a gaming team member and you must be visible in the video at all times.
We recommend keeping the video length under or up to 40 seconds addressing both scenarios listed above.
Please note, it is NOT a requirement for you to film at a venue or a hospitality simulated environment or be accompanied by another person. You are welcome to film alone, in a quiet place, in your own time.
You can use any filming devices to shoot your video, however, we recommend using iPhones or Android mobile devices.
Please note, the student portal accepts most video files, ensure you record in the lowest resolution possible to maintain a small file size
Please note: You only need to upload one video but it must address the above points.
The course includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience across the following 2 elements:
Implement responsible gambling practices
- Follow responsible gambling service procedures according to relevant state and territory legislation and industry and organisational policy and codes of conduct.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel on gambling-related incidents, situations and their compliance with legislation and industry and organisational policy.
- Maintain accurate records of gambling-related incidents and associated staff action according to industry and organisational policy and procedures.
- Ensure gambling environmental features support responsible gambling policies within the scope of own responsibility.
Provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on problem gambling to customers on request.
- Follow procedures for self-exclusion and exclusion according to legislation, industry and organisational policy, and confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Display signage and information related to responsible gambling in appropriate places visible to players, according to industry, organisational and legislative requirements.
- On request, provide information on available support services according to confidentiality and privacy requirements, and industry, organisational and legislative requirements.
Download the SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services Course qualification information for the full course details.
This course can also be delivered face-to-face, minimum 5 persons, day rate may vary.
Please contact our team at CTA Training Specialists to further discuss this option.
CTA Training Specialists is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. CTA Training Specialists will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.