There are 6 core sections in the online SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (Food Safety Level 2) course to complete followed by a final assessment.
This online SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (Food Safety Level 2) course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
Follow food safety program.
- Access and use relevant information from organisational food safety program.
- Follow policies and procedures in food safety program.
- Control food hazards at critical control points.
- Complete food safety monitoring processes and complete documents as required.
- Identify and report non-conforming practices.
- Take corrective actions within scope of job responsibility for incidents where food hazards are not controlled.
Store food safely.
- Select food storage conditions for specific food type.
- Store food in environmental conditions that protect against contamination and maximise freshness, quality and appearance.
- Store food at controlled temperatures and ensure that frozen items remain frozen during storage.
Prepare food safely.
- Use cooling and heating processes that support microbiological safety of food.
- Monitor food temperature during preparation using required temperature measuring device to achieve microbiological safety.
- Ensure safety of food prepared, served and sold to customers.
Provide safe single use items.
- Store, display and provide single use items so they are protected from damage and contamination.
- Follow instructions for items intended for single use.
Maintain a clean environment.
- Clean and sanitise equipment, surfaces and utensils.
- Use appropriate containers and prevent accumulation of garbage and recycled matter.
- Identify and report cleaning, sanitising and maintenance requirements.
- Dispose of or report chipped, broken or cracked eating, drinking or food handling utensils.
- Take measures within scope of responsibility to ensure food handling areas are free from animals and pests and report incidents of animal or pest infestation.
Dispose of food safely.
Date of Birth
It is a government requirement that we capture this information.
Your email address must be unique and not previously used by another student.
Name on my certificate?
Our system will print your name EXACTLY as you enter it into the enrolment screen. Please take care to spell your name correctly and use capitals correctly.
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via LiveChat on our website and we can amend the information.
- Mark and separate from other foodstuffs any food identified for disposal until disposal is complete.
- Dispose of food promptly to avoid cross-contamination.
Download the SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices qualification information for the full course details.
CTA Training Specialists is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. CTA Training Specialists will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled.