This course gives students the necessary skills in food safety and food hygiene matters, ensuring compliance with the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code Standard 3.2.2 Food Safety Practices and General Requirements.
The WHFH course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
For the Nationally Accredited qualification – SITXFSA101 Use of hygienic practices for food safety (UHP) click here
- Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation.
- Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage.
- Identify potential hygiene risks.
- Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising.
- Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers.
- Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning).