It is important that all workers are provided with information and training that is necessary to protect them from the risk of exposure to COVID-19 arising from their work.
Every business is encouraged to have a dedicated hygiene officer on shift at all times.
The course assists the service industry prepare for a return to business with the launch of a mandatory COVID-19 hygiene training program to protect the public and venue staff.
The training initiative ensures strong COVID-19 protections will be in place when restrictions are eased in the future.
The course draws on State and Federal health directions regarding COVID-19.
Students will receive a certificate of completion.
The course has three modules, with all students required to successfully complete all three modules.
The COVID-19 Hygiene Course covers the following key elements:
- Reporting personal health issues;
- Maintaining personal and work environment hygiene practices, specific to COVID-19;
- Reducing cross contamination through procedures, specific to COVID-19; and
- Effective cleaning and sanitising practices, specific to COVID-19
- Strategies for managing customer conflict
- Introduction to a business COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Providing guidance on:
- how to properly wash hands
- the use of any necessary personal protective equipment (PPE)
- exercising adequate cleaning practices throughout the day and
- providing workers with instructions on staying home from work if sick.