SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) – South Australia
The Online SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course for South Australia hospitality workers. This course provides a nationally recognised SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol Statement of Attainment and allows you to work in South Australia licensed venues.
*Same day certificate – if you have uploaded your assessment/s by 4pm Queensland time on a business day (Monday – Friday) and they are marked as competent by one of our trainers and assessors, and you have also provided a verified USI number, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email on the same day.
This online SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories for RSA. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
- Understand your obligations under the law
- Identify customers to whom alcohol service may be refused
- Responsibly assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assist alcohol affected customers
- Assessed via video submission on your ability to "Refuse service to customers in a professional manner"
Delivering quality training in Australia for 25 years
Get help from real people who know the industry
Trusted by Industry
Complete training your employers will recognise
There are 7 tasks in the online SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course to be completed. In line with the new Australian Government Department of Education & Training course packages, it is now a requirement to upload a video as part of the RSA course assessment. Therefore, to be competent in SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol one of our qualified trainer and assessors is required to assess the following from each student’s video upload:
- Oral communication skills (speak firmly and clearly with intoxicated customers in a manner that de-escalates conflict), and
- Effective communication and conflict-resolution skills are used when addressing the following scenarios:
- One compliant customer; and
- One difficult customer refusing to leave the premises
*Please note: You only need to upload one video but it must address the 2 specified scenarios.
The course further includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience across the following 4 elements:
- Element 1 – Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Element 2 – Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Element 3 – Assess alcohol affected customers and identify those to whom sale or service must be refused
- Element 4 – Refuse to provide alcohol
There are no pre-requisite units to this course.
Download the SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol qualification information for the full course details.
Club Training Australia is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. Club Training Australia will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.
Please allow approximately three (3) to four (4) hours to complete your online training course.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing liquor licensing and responsible service of alcohol.
This RSA course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is recognised by the following State Government Liquor Licensing Authorities:
- Queensland: Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR)
- Western Australia: Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor (RGL)
- Northern Territory: Northern Territory Government
- South Australia: Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner (OLGC)
Your SITHFAB002 Statement of Attainment will not expire, however you may wish to complete refresher training to ensure you maintain your knowledge.
SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol Statement of Attainment:
- Provided we have a verified USI number, as soon as you complete and upload your Final Assessments and they are marked as competent by one of our assessors, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email. You will also be able to download the certificate via the Club Training Australia student portal.
The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
- Café and Coffee Shops
- Event & Conference Centres
Potential Career Outcomes
- Duty Manager
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Gaming Attendant
- Gaming Supervisor
- Gaming Manager
- Bar Attendant
- Bar Supervisor
- Bar Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Operations Manager
- Venue Manager
What Internet browser should I be using to do my course?
The course and its features unfortunately do not support the Internet Explorer browser. We strongly recommend you use Google Chrome or Firefox.
Click here to download Google Chrome
Click here to download Firefox
Who needs an RSA Certificate?
South Australian legislation requires for all staff employed, who are directly involved in the sale, service or supply of alcohol to the public or the supervision of these activities are required to hold or obtain an SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate within one month from commencement of that employment.
Is the online SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
Licensing laws are different in each State and Territory; not all States accept online training. The Club Training Australia SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. This online training course is accepted in South Australia and endorsed in the following States and Territories:-
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
How much does the course cost?
The SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) online training course is $20 which includes phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
Are you an International or overseas student?
If you are currently an overseas student or in Australia on a Student Visa you are NOT eligible to enrol into this course with Dickson Wohlsen Pty Ltd t/a Club Training Australia as we are not CRICOS/ELICOS registered. Please contact your nearest CRICOS registered RTO.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
RSA Online Course
Nationally recognised certificate
Get started immediately
Also accepted in QLD, WA and NT