RSG Online – Responsible Service of Gambling – Queensland
Responsible Service of Gambling SITHGAM201
Online Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) course for Queensland hospitality workers. This course provides a nationally recognised SITHGAM201 Provide Responsible Service of Gambling Statement of Attainment and to provide responsible gambling services, and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling.
This online RSG course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories for RSG. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
- Provide responsible service of gambling
- Assist customers to gamble within appropriate limits
Register in 2 minutes and start training right away
Get help from real people who know the industry
Train anywhere, anytime & on any device
There are 2 Elements in the online Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) Course to complete followed by a final assessments including short answer questions, fill in the blanks, single and multiple choice questions and scenarios.
Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.
- Element 1 – Provide responsible service of gambling.
- Follow responsible gambling service procedures according to relevant state and territory legislation and industry and enterprise policy or codes of conduct.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel on gambling-related incidents or situations and compliance with legislation and industry and enterprise policy.
- Maintain accurate records of gambling-related incidents and associated staff action, according to industry and enterprise policy and procedures.
- Ensure gambling environmental features support responsible gambling policies.
- Element 2 – Assist customers to gamble within appropriate limits
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on problem gambling to customers on request.
- Follow procedures for self-exclusion and exclusion requests according to legislation, industry and enterprise policy and confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Display signage and information related to responsible gambling in appropriate places visible to players, according to industry, enterprise and legislative requirements.
Provide information on available support services according to confidentiality and privacy requirements, and industry, enterprise and legislative requirements.
Please allow approximately three (3) to four (4) hours to complete your online training course.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
In Australia each state has its own legislation governing gaming. This online course meets the requirements of the National Training Package.
This RSG course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is recognised by the following State Government Liquor Licensing Authorities:
- Queensland: Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR)
- Western Australia: Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor (RGL)
- Northern Territory: Northern Territory Licensing Commission (note – as of the 1st January 2015, the NTL Commission no longer exists)
Your SITHGAM201 Statement of Attainment will not expire, however you may wish to complete refresher training to ensure you maintain your knowledge.
SITHGAM201 Provide Responsible Service of Gambling Statement of Attainment
- On successful completion of this training course, you will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment certificate to download and print. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
Potential Career Outcomes
- Duty Manager
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Gaming Attendant
- Gaming Supervisor
- Gaming Manager
- Bar Attendant
- Bar Supervisor
- Bar Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Operations Manager
- Venue Manager
Who needs an RSG Certificate?
People who carry out gaming duties or gaming tasks within a licensed club or hotel must complete RSG training within 3 months of starting employment.
Is the online Responsible Service of Gambling training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
Licensing laws are different in each State and Territory; not all States accept online training. The Club Training Australia Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. This online training course is accepted in Queensland and endorsed in the following States and Territories:-
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
How much does the course cost?
The RSG online training course is $24 which includes phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
What type of certificates will I receive when I finish my online RSG course?
You will receive a nationally recognised “SITHGAM201 Provide Responsible Service of Gambling” Statement of Attainment
How long before I receive my certificates?
As soon as you successfully complete your Assessments, you can generate your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment. Download and print your certificate and start working immediately.
RSA Online Course
Nationally recognised certificate
Get Started Immediately
Also accepted in WA, NT and SA