NSW – SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety
This course provides the nationally recognised certificate for SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety and allows you to work in the retail, hospitality and transport and distributions sectors in New South Wales.
This online NSW Food Handlers Training Course will teach you how to safely handle food, and prepare and serve food to the public.
Same day certificate – if you have uploaded your assessment/s by 4pm Queensland time on a business day (Monday – Friday) and they are marked as competent by one of our trainers and assessors, and you have also provided a verified USI number, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email on the same day.
Get your NSW Food Handlers Certificate – SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety today for $34. With certificates produced the same business day, it’s easy to see why so many people choose Club Training Australia.
Register in 2 minutes and start training right away
Trusted by Industry
Complete training your employers will recognise
Print your own certificate as soon as you finish
What you will learn
- Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation
- Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage
- Identify potential hygiene risks
- Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising
- Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
- Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning)
There are 4 core sections in the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety course to complete followed by a final assessment.
Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety:
- Element 1 – Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Element 2 – Report any personal health issues
- Element 3 – Prevent food contamination
- Element 4 – Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
Download the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety qualification information for the full course details.
Club Training Australia is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. Club Training Australia will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.
Please allow approximately nine (9) to ten (10) hours to complete your online training course.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing Responsible Food Handling. This course is approved for Food Handlers training online in NSW Food Businesses.
These competency standards are in alignment with the current national food safety training agenda and are approved by the National Quality Council (Department of Education, Science and Training):
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety Statement of Attainment:
- Provided we have a verified USI number, as soon as you complete and upload your Final Assessments and they are marked as competent by one of our assessors, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email. You will also be able to download the certificate via the Club Training Australia student portal.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
- Café and Coffee Shops
- Event & Conference Centres
- Transport and Distribution Centres
Potential Career Outcomes
- Duty Manager
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Commercial Cook
- Restaurant Manager
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Operations Manager
- Venue Manager
What is a NSW Food Handler?
A Food Handler is any person who prepares, handles or serves food as part of their job in Australia. A Food Handler might include waitstaff, chefs, cooks, supermarket workers, baristas, food processing workers, food delivery drivers, childcare workers and typically anyone else who touches food at work or while volunteering.
Who needs a Food Handlers Certificate NSW?
While there is no law that states what training course Food Handlers are expected to complete, the online Food Handlers Training Course Level 1 is the perfect training program to cover everything you need to know about safe food handling in Australian hospitality businesses.
Food Handlers in Australian hospitality businesses need to have current food safety knowledge, to ensure that food is prepared and served in a safe manner. This course will teach you how to safely handle food, prepare and serve food to the public.
Is the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
The Club Training Australia SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
This course is recognised throughout Australia as an official Food Handling Online Training Course.
How much does the course cost?
The SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety online training course is $34, which includes all food safety training materials, your Food Handlers certificate and phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
Are you an overseas or International student?
“Overseas” Student Visa: If you are currently studying in Australia on a subclass 500 Study Visa you will need to complete this course with a registered CRICOS organisation. CTA Training Specialists is not CRICOS registered. Please contact your nearest CRICOS registered RTO.
“International” Student with other Visa: If you are from another country and currently hold a Visa (other than a subclass 500), you can complete one of our courses. Please note: you will need to generate proof of this Visa via the VEVO government website once you commence your course (instructions will be provided).
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266.
What certificate will I receive when I finish my NSW Food Handlers Training Course Online (SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety)?
You will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety. This is everything you need to be qualified as a qualified NSW Food Handler.
I need to be a NSW Food Safety Supervisor, which course should I do?
If you are looking to become a Food Safety Supervisor in NSW, then you need to complete the official Food Safety Supervisor NSW online course. If you already hold the SITXFSA001 certificate, you can complete the second unit SITXFSA002 to upgrade your Food Handlers Certificate to Food Safety Supervisor.
Who can sign off my practical assessment?
Your practical assessment must be completed by someone who is currently working in the food industry so can be completed by someone in the industry:
- you are currently working with, or
- you have previously worked with (within the last 12 months), or
- you have volunteered with.
Please note: the person who completes and signs off your practical assessment must see you do everything listed on the practical assessment on three separate occasions.
If you’re not working at the moment, another way is to volunteer for a few shifts with a charity, community organisation or other food business. Many places are happy to have volunteers help out in return for completing the practical assessment. Check out your local council for more information.
Not Working In The Food Industry?
Not working in the food industry?
Don’t stress, our food safety courses can be completed by anyone regardless of prior experience.
What about my practical assessment?
We understand it can be difficult when you’re new to the industry to have the practical assessment filled out, so there are a few options:
- If you have worked in the food industry before, then you can have a past manager or co-worker complete the assessment. They don’t need to be a chef or a trained food safety supervisor. It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience).
- If you have a friend or family member employed in the food industry, they can also sign off on your practical assessment. Again, it doesn’t need to be a qualified chef or food safety supervisor, It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience).
- You can also speak to your local council and ask for a list of food-based charities that you can volunteer for. Many of these organisations deal with food and any regular volunteer is able to sign off on your practical assessment.
Make sure that the person who is completing your practical assessment, observes you doing everything listed on the report on three separate occasions.
Food Safety Level 1 Online Course
NSW Food Handlers Training
Nationally recognised certificate
Get started immediately