Food Safety Supervisor – (Level 1 & 2)
Complete your Food Safety Supervisor NSW Course Online & get your NSW Food Authority Green & White Certificate.
This Online Food Safety Supervisor NSW course provides two nationally recognised certificates for SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety & SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices as well as the official NSW Food Authority Green & White Certificate.
This official NSW Food Safety Supervisor Course allows you to work with food safely in the retail, hospitality, transport and distributions sectors in NSW.
What you need to get started:
- A unique email address not previously used by another student
- Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) number - Click here to get a USI number
- Access to a kitchen with ready-to-eat food items
- A thermometer and food storage equipment
- A qualified Food Safety Supervisor to supervise your practical activity
This online NSW Food Safety Supervisor course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. You will learn to;
- Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation
- Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage
- Identify potential hygiene risks
- Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising
- Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
- Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning)
- Implement procedures for food safety
- Follow all food safety policies and procedures correctly and consistently according to organisation food safety program requirements to ensure compliance of all food handling practices
- Control food hazards at critical control points
- Complete food safety monitoring processes and complete documents as outlined in the food safety program
- Identify and report practices that are inconsistent with the food safety program
- Take corrective actions for incidents where food hazards are unacceptable
- Allergen and Egg Management
NSW Food Safety Supervisor Course Structure:
There are 2 Core Sections in the online Food Safety Supervisor Course NSW to complete followed by a final assessment.
Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety:
- Element 1 – Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Element 2 – Report any personal health issues
- Element 3 – Prevent food and other item contamination
- Element 4 – Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices:
- Element 1 – Follow food safety program
- Element 2 – Store food safely
- Element 3 – Prepare food safely
- Element 4 – Provide safe single use items
- Element 5 – Maintain a clean environment
- Element 6 – Dispose of food safely
Plus, additional information on Allergen and Egg Management for NSW Food Safety.
Download the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety qualification information and the SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices qualification information for the full course details.
Club Training Australia is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. Club Training Australia will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.
Please allow approximately nine (9) to ten (10) hours to complete your online training course plus time for practical assessment.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing safe food handling. This course is approved by the NSW Food Safety Authority for NSW Food Safety Supervisors.
This course is also nationally recognised and these competency standards are in alignment with the current national food safety training agenda and are approved by the National Quality Council (Department of Education, Science and Training).
Important Note for NSW: Club Training Australia is an approved trainer for Food Safety Supervisor online training in NSW therefore this qualification applies to NSW hospitality businesses.
On completion of this course, you will receive three (3) certificates;
- New South Wales Food Authority Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (Green & White Certificate) – via registered post
- SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety Statement of Attainment – via email
- SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices Statement of Attainment – via email
Same Day Certificate
Provided we have a verified USI number, as soon as you complete and upload your Final Assessments and they are marked as competent by one of our assessors, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainments via email. You will also be able to download the certificates via the Club Training Australia student portal.
Please note that you will receive a printed green & white Food Authority Certificate in the mail via registered post (to the residential address provided on enrolment of the course) within ten (10) business days of completion.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
- Café and Coffee Shops
- Event & Conference Centres
- Transport and Distribution Centres
Who needs a NSW Food Safety Supervisor Certificate?
The Food Act 2006 (the Act) requires every licensed food business to have a Food Safety Supervisor. Every licensed food business in NSW must provide to the NSW Government (NSW Food Authority) information regarding the food safety supervisor for that business.
NSW Businesses that need a Food Safety Supervisor are retail businesses who process and sell food (prepare and serve) that is:
- Potentially hazardous (i.e. needs temperature control)
- NOT sold and served in the supplier’s original package.
Examples of businesses* include restaurants, cafés, takeaway shops, caterers, bakeries, pubs, clubs, hotels and supermarket hot food sales. Please view the NSW Food Authority website for more information.
Is the online NSW Food Safety Supervisor training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
The Club Training Australia’s SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety and SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
This Food Safety Supervisor course is recognised in the following states; NSW, QLD, WA, VIC, NT & SA.
How much does the course cost?
The Food Safety Supervisor online training course is $139, which includes your official NSW Food Authority Food Safety Supervisor Certificate and live support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
Please note: You will receive the printed Green & White Food Authority Certificate in the mail via registered post (to the residential address provided on enrolment of the course) within ten (10) business days of successful completion of the course. It is the student’s responsiblity to ensure that the correct residential address is provided on enrolment. Should the student require a reprint of the Green & White Food Authority Certificate, the cost is $40 which includes the $30 certificate fee from the NSW Food Authority and associated postage/administrative fees.
What if I fail my assessment? Will I lose my money?
No, our trainers and assessors are there to help you succeed and pass your course. We will work with you and help you if you are having trouble with the online Food Safety Supervisor course. You won’t need to pay any more.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266.
When does your Food Safety Certificate expire?
The NSW Food Safety Supervisor certificate will expire five (5) years from the date of issue. You must complete your NSW Food Safety Supervisor Re-certification Training prior to this time to keep your certificate current.
When a Food Safety Supervisor’s certification expires, a food business has 30 days to ensure:
- The Food Safety Supervisor renews their online Food Safety Supervisor training within 30 working days; or
- Another Food Safety Supervisor with a current qualification is appointed
It is highly recommended that you have more than one team member that holds a current Food Safety Supervisor qualification.
Food Safety Supervisor Course Online NSW
Online NSW FSS Course
Approved by NSW Food Authority
Green & White Food Safety Certificate
Accepted in NSW, QLD, WA, VIC, NT & SA
NO MORE TO PAY:$139