Food Safety Supervisor Queensland – (Lvl 1 & 2)
Complete your Food Safety Supervisor QLD Course Online & become a QLD Food Safety Supervisor.
This course provides the nationally recognised certificate for SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety & SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices and allows you to work in the retail, hospitality and transport and distributions sectors in Queensland.
This official QLD Food Safety Supervisor Course allows you to work with food safely in the retail, hospitality, transport and distributions sectors in Queensland.
What you need to get started:
- A unique email address not previously used by another student
- Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) number - Click here to get a USI number
- Access to a kitchen with ready-to-eat food items
- A thermometer and food storage equipment
- A qualified Food Safety Supervisor to supervise your practical activity
Register in 2 minutes and start training right away
Get help from real people who know the industry
Trusted by Industry
Complete training your employers will recognise
This online QLD Food Safety Supervisor course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. You will learn to;
- Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation
- Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage
- Identify potential hygiene risks
- Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising
- Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
- Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning)
- Implement procedures for food safety
- Follow all food safety policies and procedures correctly and consistently according to organisation food safety program requirements to ensure compliance of all food handling practices
- Control food hazards at critical control points
- Complete food safety monitoring processes and complete documents as outlined in the food safety program
- Identify and report practices that are inconsistent with the food safety program
- Take corrective actions for incidents where food hazards are unacceptable
QLD Food Safety Supervisor Course Structure:
There are 2 Core Sections in the online Food Safety Supervisor Course to complete followed by a final assessment.
Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety:
- Element 1 – Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Element 2 – Report any personal health issues
- Element 3 – Prevent food and other item contamination
- Element 4 – Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices:
- Element 1 – Follow food safety program
- Element 2 – Store food safely
- Element 3 – Prepare food safely
- Element 4 – Provide safe single use items
- Element 5 – Maintain a clean environment
- Element 6 – Dispose of food safely
Download the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety qualification information and the SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices qualification information for the full course details.
Club Training Australia is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. Club Training Australia will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.
Please allow approximately nine (9) to ten (10) hours to complete your online training course.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing Responsible Safe Food Handling.
This course is approved for Food Safety Supervisors in QLD therefore this qualification applies to QLD businesses. This course is recognised in other Australian States, however you may need to complete bridging or refresher training as per the State requirements.
These competency standards are in alignment with the current national food safety training agenda and are approved by the National Quality Council (Department of Education, Science and Training).
On completion of this course, you will receive two (2) certificates;
- SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety Statement of Attainment – via email
- SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices Statement of Attainment – via email
Same Day Certificate
Provided we have a verified USI number, as soon as you complete and upload your Final Assessments and they are marked as competent by one of our assessors, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email. You will also be able to download the certificate via the Club Training Australia student portal.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
- Café and Coffee Shops
- Event & Conference Centres
Potential Career Outcomes
- Duty Manager
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Commercial Cook
- Restaurant Manager
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Operations Manager
- Venue Manager
What Internet browser should I be using to do my course?
The course and its features unfortunately do not support the Internet Explorer browser. We strongly recommend you use Google Chrome or Firefox.
Click here to download Google Chrome
Click here to download Firefox
Who needs a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate?
The Food Act 2006 (the Act) requires every licensed food business to have a Food Safety Supervisor. Every licensed food business must provide to the Local Government that issued the licence, information regarding the food safety supervisor for that business.
Is the online Food Safety Supervisor training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
The Club Training Australia SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety and SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
This Food Safety Supervisor course is recognised in the following states; NSW*, QLD, WA, VIC, NT & SA. (*NSW requires bridging training – view here)
How much does the course cost?
The Food Safety Supervisor online training course is $85, which includes phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
Are you an overseas or International student?
“Overseas” Student Visa: If you are currently studying in Australia on a subclass 500 Study Visa you will need to complete this course with a registered CRICOS organisation. CTA Training Specialists is not CRICOS registered. Please contact your nearest CRICOS registered RTO.
“International” Student with other Visa: If you are from another country and currently hold a Visa (other than a subclass 500), you can complete one of our courses. Please note: you will need to generate proof of this Visa via the VEVO government website once you commence your course (instructions will be provided).
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
What type of certificates will I receive when I finish my online Food Safety Supervisor course?
You will receive the nationally recognised SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety & SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices certificates.
Who can sign off my practical assessment?
Your practical assessment must be completed by someone who is currently working in the food industry so can be completed by someone in the industry:
- you are currently working with, or
- you have previously worked with (within the last 12 months), or
- you have volunteered with.
Please note: the person who completes and signs off your practical assessment must see you do everything listed on the practical assessment on three separate occasions.
If you’re not working at the moment, another way is to volunteer for a few shifts with a charity, community organisation or other food business. Many places are happy to have volunteers help out in return for completing the practical assessment. Check out your local council for more information.
Not Working In The Food Industry?
Not working in the food industry?
Don’t stress, our food safety courses can be completed by anyone regardless of prior experience.
What about my practical assessment?
We understand it can be difficult when you’re new to the industry to have the practical assessment filled out, so there are a few options:
- If you have worked in the food industry before, then you can have a past manager or co-worker complete the assessment. They don’t need to be a chef or a trained food safety supervisor. It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience).
- If you have a friend or family member employed in the food industry, they can also sign off on your practical assessment. Again, it doesn’t need to be a qualified chef or food safety supervisor, It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience).
- You can also speak to your local council and ask for a list of food-based charities that you can volunteer for. Many of these organisations deal with food and any regular volunteer is able to sign off on your practical assessment.
Make sure that the person who is completing your practical assessment, observes you doing everything listed on the report on three separate occasions.
FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISOR COURSE ONLINE QLD
Food Act 2006 Approved
2 x Nationally Recognised Certificates
Accepted in NSW*, QLD, WA, VIC, NT & SA
NO MORE TO PAY:$85