SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (FSL2 Online) – Northern Territory
This course provides the nationally recognised certificate SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices and allows you to work in the retail, hospitality and transport and distributions sectors in the Northern Territory.
*Same day certificate – if you have uploaded your assessment/s by 4pm Queensland time on a business day (Monday – Friday) and they are marked as competent by one of our trainers and assessors, and you have also provided a verified USI number, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email on the same day.
This online SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (Food Safety Level 2) course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
- Implement procedures for food safety
- Follow all food safety policies and procedures correctly and consistently according to organisation food safety program requirements to ensure compliance of all food handling practices.
- Control food hazards at critical control points
- Complete food safety monitoring processes and complete documents as outlined in the food safety program
- Identify and report practices that are inconsistent with the food safety program
- Take corrective actions for incidents where food hazards are unacceptable
Delivering quality training in Australia for over 2 years
Trusted by Industry
Complete training your employers will recognise
Train anywhere, anytime & on any device
There are 6 core sections in the online SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (Food Safety Level 2) course to complete followed by a final assessment.
Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.
SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices:
- Element 1 – Follow food safety program
- Element 2 – Store food safely
- Element 3 – Prepare food safely
- Element 4 – Provide safe single use items
- Element 5 – Maintain a clean environment
- Element 6 – Dispose of food safely
Download the SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices qualification information for the full course details.
Club Training Australia is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. Club Training Australia will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.
Please allow approximately nine (9) to ten (10) hours to complete your online training course.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing Responsible Food Handling.
These competency standards are in alignment with the current national food safety training agenda and are approved by the National Quality Council (Department of Education, Science and Training):
Important Note for NSW: Club Training Australia is not an approved trainer for Food Safety Supervisor in NSW therefore this qualification does not apply to NSW businesses.
SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices Statement of Attainment:
- Provided we have a verified USI number, as soon as you complete and upload your Final Assessments and they are marked as competent by one of our assessors, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email. You will also be able to download and print the certificate via the Club Training Australia student portal.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
- Café and Coffee Shops
- Event & Conference Centres
- Transport and Distribution Centres
Potential Career Outcomes
- Duty Manager
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Commercial Cook
- Restaurant Manager
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Operations Manager
- Venue Manager
Who needs a SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices Certificate?
The Food Act 2006 (the Act) requires every licensed food business to have a Food Safety Supervisor. Every licensed food business must provide to the Local Government that issued the licence, information regarding the food safety supervisor for that business.
Is the online SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (Food Safety Level 2) training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
The Club Training Australia SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (Food Safety Level 2) online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
How much does the course cost?
The SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices (Food Safety Level 2) online training course is $70, which includes phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
What type of certificate will I receive when I finish my online course?
You will receive the nationally recognised SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices certificate.
Food Safety Level 2 Online Course
Nationally recognised certificate
Get started immediately
Also accepted in WA, SA, QLD & VIC