Food Safety Level 1 – FSL1 – Victoria
Food Safety Level 1 SITXFSA101
This course provides the nationally recognised certificate for SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety and allows you to work in the retail, hospitality and transport and distributions sectors in Victoria.
The FSL1 course covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to;
- Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation.
- Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage.
- Identify potential hygiene risks.
- Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising.
- Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers.
- Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning).
Delivering quality training in Australia for over 2 years
Trusted by Industry
Complete training your employers will recognise
Train anywhere, anytime & on any device
There are 4 core sections in the FSL1 course to complete followed by a final assessment.
Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.
SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Element 1 – Follow hygiene procedures and identify hygiene hazards
- Element 2 – Report any personal health issues
- Element 3 – Prevent food and other item contamination
Element 4 – Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
Please allow approximately nine (9) to ten (10) hours to complete your online training course.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing Responsible Food Handling.
These competency standards are in alignment with the current national food safety training agenda and are approved by the National Quality Council (Department of Education, Science and Training):
Important Note for NSW: Club Training Australia is not an approved trainer for Food Safety Supervisor in NSW therefore this qualification does not apply to NSW businesses.
- SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- On successful completion of this training course, you will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment certificate to download and print. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
- Café and Coffee Shops
- Event & Conference Centres
- Transport and Distribution Centres
Potential Career Outcomes
- Duty Manager
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Commercial Cook
- Restaurant Manager
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Operations Manager
- Venue Manager
Who needs a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate?
The Food Act 2006 (the Act) requires every licensable food business to have a Food Safety Supervisor. Every licensed food business must provide to the Local Government that issued the licence, information regarding the food safety supervisor for that business.
Is the Food Safety Level 1 training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
Licensing laws are different in each State and Territory; not all States accept online training. The Club Training Australia FSL1 online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. This online training course is accepted in Victoria and endorsed in the following States and Territories:-
- Western Australia
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
How much does the course cost?
The FSL1 online training course is $34, which includes phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
What type of certificates will I receive when I finish my online FSL1 course?
You will receive the nationally recognised SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety certificate.
How long before I receive my certificates?
As soon as you successfully complete your Final Assessment, you can generate your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment. Download and print your certificate and start working immediately.
FSL1 Online Course
Reduced from $40
Nationally recognised certificate
Get Started Immediately
Also accepted in QLD, WA, SA & NT