SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety (FSL1 Online) – QLD
This course provides the nationally recognised certificate for SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety and allows you to work in the retail, hospitality and transport and distributions sectors in Queensland.
*Same day certificate – if you have uploaded your assessment/s by 4pm Queensland time on a business day (Monday – Friday) and they are marked as competent by one of our trainers and assessors, and you have also provided a verified USI number, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email on the same day.
Get your SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety today from $34. With certificates produced by the next business day, it’s easy to see why so many people choose Club Training Australia.
- Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation
- Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage
- Identify potential hygiene risks
- Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising
- Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
- Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning)
Delivering quality training in Australia for 25 years
Get help from real people who know the industry
Trusted by Industry
Complete training your employers will recognise
There are 4 core sections in the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety course to complete followed by a final assessment.
Each section includes video, readings, interactive activities and case studies to assist in your learning experience.
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety:
- Element 1 – Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Element 2 – Report any personal health issues
- Element 3 – Prevent food contamination
- Element 4 – Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
Download the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety qualification information for the full course details.
Club Training Australia is responsible for ensuring compliance and conducts regular reviews on all of its training programs. Club Training Australia will ensure that through the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework Issuance Policy that students will be issued the certification documentation to which they are entitled to.
Please allow approximately nine (9) to ten (10) hours to complete your online training course.
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your training course.
Valid State Requirements
Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing Responsible Food Handling.
These competency standards are in alignment with the current national food safety training agenda and are approved by the National Quality Council (Department of Education, Science and Training):
Important Note for NSW: Club Training Australia is not an approved trainer for Food Safety Supervisor in NSW therefore this qualification does not apply to NSW businesses.
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety Statement of Attainment:
- Provided we have a verified USI number, as soon as you complete and upload your Final Assessments and they are marked as competent by one of our assessors, you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment via email. You will also be able to download and print the certificate via the Club Training Australia student portal.
Where Can I Work?
- Bars, Clubs and Pubs
- Casinos and Gaming Venues
- Hotels and Resorts
- Café and Coffee Shops
- Event & Conference Centres
- Transport and Distribution Centres
Potential Career Outcomes
- Duty Manager
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Commercial Cook
- Restaurant Manager
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Operations Manager
- Venue Manager
What Internet browser should I be using to do my course?
The course and its features unfortunately do not support the Internet Explorer browser. We strongly recommend you use Google Chrome or Firefox.
Click here to download Google Chrome
Click here to download Firefox
Who needs a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate?
The Food Act 2006 (the Act) requires every licensed food business to have a Food Safety Supervisor. Every licensed food business must provide to the Local Government that issued the licence, information regarding the food safety supervisor for that business.
Is the SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety training course accepted in all Australian States and Territories?
The Club Training Australia SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
How much does the course cost?
The SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety online training course is $34, which includes phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
Are you an International or overseas student?
If you are currently an overseas student or in Australia on a Student Visa you are NOT eligible to enrol into this course with Dickson Wohlsen Pty Ltd t/a Club Training Australia as we are not CRICOS/ELICOS registered. Please contact your nearest CRICOS registered RTO.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
What type of certificate will I receive when I finish my online SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety course?
You will receive the nationally recognised SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety.
Who can sign off my practical assessment?
Your practical assessment must be completed by someone who is currently working in the food industry so can be completed by someone in the industry:
- you are currently working with, or
- you have previously worked with (within the last 12 months), or
- you have volunteered with.
Please note: the person who completes and signs off your practical assessment must see you do everything listed on the practical assessment on three separate occasions.
If you’re not working at the moment, another way is to volunteer for a few shifts with a charity, community organisation or other food business. Many places are happy to have volunteers help out in return for completing the practical assessment. Check out your local council for more information.
Not Working In The Food Industry?
Not working in the food industry?
Don’t stress, our food safety courses can be completed by anyone regardless of prior experience.
What about my practical assessment?
We understand it can be difficult when you’re new to the industry to have the practical assessment filled out, so there are a few options:
- If you have worked in the food industry before, then you can have a past manager or co-worker complete the assessment. They don’t need to be a chef or a trained food safety supervisor. It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience).
- If you have a friend or family member employed in the food industry, they can also sign off on your practical assessment. Again, it doesn’t need to be a qualified chef or food safety supervisor, It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience).
- You can also speak to your local council and ask for a list of food-based charities that you can volunteer for. Many of these organisations deal with food and any regular volunteer is able to sign off on your practical assessment.
Make sure that the person who is completing your practical assessment, observes you doing everything listed on the report on three separate occasions.
Food Safety Level 1 Online Course
Reduced from $40
Nationally recognised certificate
Get started immediately
Also accepted in WA, SA, NT & VIC