Does the induction program at your club incorporate the National Employment Standards?
The NES consist of ten (10) minimum standards of employment that cannot be altered to the disadvantage of the employee.
They are set out in the Fair Work Act 2009 and comprise the following minimum entitlements::
- Maximum weekly hours of work
- Requests for flexible working arrangements
- Parental leave and related entitlements
- Annual leave
- Personal/carer’s leave and compassionate leave
- Community service leave
- Long service leave
- Public holidays
- Notice of termination and redundancy pay
- Provision of a Fair Work Information Statement
In addition to the NES, an employee’s terms and conditions of employment generally come from an award or agreement.
You can find out more about the National Employment Standards (NES) by visiting the website of the Fair Work Ombudsman.
The Club Training Australia online induction program for registered clubs in Queensland incorporates the National Employment Standards (NES) to ensure that your club complies with the Fair Work Act 2009.