Frequently Asked Questions about RSA Online Course Training

RSA online | The Responsible Service of Alcohol Online is a training course that, empowered by the various Liquor Acts per state, aims to manage the risks and adverse effects of alcohol intoxication on communities. 

What Does RSA Stand For?

RSA stands for the Responsible Service of Alcohol, which is nationally recognised training in Queensland, New South Wales, Northern Territory, South Australia and Western Australia.

The official course code is  SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol. The course is mandatory for persons who’s work in the liquor and gaming industries involve the handling, selling, or serving of alcohol. The RSA online course is intended to educate alcohol servers on the appropriate means of handling responsible alcohol sale and service, particularly with regards to the refusal of alcohol service to patrons for the sake of their well-being.

WhereCan a Prospective Student Access the Training Course?

The SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol training course is available for registration through Registered Training Organisations, which are also known as RTOs. These RTOs are tasked with ensuring that their course training meets the standard requirements of their state on top of the national standard.

What is the Course Duration?

The course duration depends on both the RTO delivering the course and the student’s participation. Generally speaking, the RSA training course can be completed within a day, and most RTO’s structure their training courses in a way where they can be adequately completed within a few hours with an online RSA course.

How Quickly Can I Get My Certification?

This depends entirely on the RTO releasing the Statement of Attainment to the student. Some RTO’s may deliver the certification through the post, while others (like CTA Training Specialists) offer same-day certification under specific circumstances (ie via email).

Is There a Fee for the Course? What About the Certification?

There is a fee for the SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol course, which is determined individually by RTOs.

Where Can I Work if I Have an RSA Statement of Attainment?

The RSA Statement of Attainment qualifies its holders to apply for and take on work in licensed venues such as but not limited to bars, clubs, restaurants, cafes, hotels, and resorts. They may also take on work for limited events with alcohol licences, such as music festivals, open markets, and fairs.

Will I Need to Retake the Course if I Seek RSA-related Work in Another State?

Yes and no – this is entirely dependent on the licensing regulations of each state. While the Responsible Service of Alcohol course is a Nationally Recognised Training qualification, RTO’s must be able to deliver the course in a standard that meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and each individual state’s regulators. Check with your training organisation on which states their RSA certification is valid in.

The RSA course is useful not just for alcohol servers, but for all persons looking to work in the hospitality industry. Register for an RSA training course today!